August 15, 2017
I was fortunate to discover Leadspace shortly after I founded DemandGen in 2007 when their Founder Amnon Mishor was on a fund-raising trip to Silicon Valley and he asked if I could meet-up to get my advice on their predictive platform for prospect building and scoring. With the predictive category still in its infancy, I was excited to get a look at the platform and find out how Amnon’s expertise in developing systems for the Israel Military Intelligence Division could be turned into AI to help marketers find prospects (versus terrorists). Since then, our two teams have developed a successful partnership based on helping our mutual clients with the successful adoption of their platform. On this episode, I invite their CEO Doug Bewsher to discuss a number of topics including:
- As a CEO, and former CMO, what advice would he have for his former self in marketing
- Why is Google AdWords such a big part of the marketing mix
- What do CMO’s [really] need to know about analytics
- His thoughts on the current state of AI in marketing
July 19, 2017
In this episode I take you on a deep dive into why you should define and operationalize a Demand funnel and what it takes to do so.
- How a Demand Funnel serves as a language to align sales and marketing and serves as a framework for lead management
- What it takes to implement a Demand Funnel in our marketing automation and CRM system
- The role lead scoring plays changes statuses between inquiries and marketing qualified leads
- The six stages of a traditional Demand Funnel and their definitions
- The importance of defining “out of funnel” stages like recycled and disqualified
- What you should include in your blueprints for implementing a Demand Funnel
- How a Demand Funnel helps marketing measure demand volume, velocity, and pipeline predictability
June 22, 2017
In this episode, I share the key principles of successful lead management from my book Manufacturing Demand which now has over 10,000 copies in circulation. When I wrote the book, my publisher told me an industry factoid that only 1 in 10 people who buy a book actually read it. At first, I couldn’t believe the ratio, but then I looked at my own bookshelf and saw several great books that I planned to read when I purchased them still sitting there collecting dust. As marketers, we know there are 4 types of learners: visual, auditory, reading/writing, and kinesthetic. So for those of you auditory learners, I am going to devote a few episodes of DemandGen Radio to the essential chapters of the book to offer you a “book reading” of sorts. While I won’t read the chapters word for word like you’d hear on audible.com, I will share the main points from each chapter starting with Chapter 2 that outlines the 5 key principles of successful lead management. Listen in at your desk, in your car, or someplace where you can take in the concepts that have been used by some of the top marketing and sales teams around the world.
May 9, 2017
It’s the official start of the B2B MarTech tradeshow season with both Marketo and Oracle having their annual user conferences this week. I’ll recap the key takeaways from both shows and share solid recommendations for considering the shiny new MarTech apps on display in the exhibit areas. I’ll wrap up with my unbiased impression of the major product announcements from both Marketo and Oracle for you.