Andrew has been covering the B2B Marketing landscape for the past decade as Publisher of Demand Gen Report, host of the B2B Marketing Exchange events, Content Director of Content4Demand, and responsible for ABM In Action, an online publication that spotlights real-world case studies of companies launching targeted account-strategies. Yeah, Andrew has his finger on the pulse of B2B marketing. Andrew and I have collaborated on various projects since I founded DemandGen in 2007 and he’s the guy I turn to for an inside look at the vendors, strategies, and players in the space. Listen in as Andrew and I catch up on ABM, B2B Content Strategy, Audience Building, Channels, MarTech Stack Assessments, and even what’s in store for the 2018 B2B Marketing Exchange in Arizona where I will be running a workshop on MarTech strategy and assessment techniques.
Also be sure to check out www.b2bmarketing.exchange to learn more about the event and the MarTech workshop I’m hosting at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale Arizona, Feb 19 – 21
- Is there a difference between data providers?
- What questions should we ask data providers when evaluating them?
- What other best practice advice can Mark provide for selecting data providers?
- Is it time for a new role in marketing called the Data Operations Manager?
- What do demand generation priorities look like at various stages of a company lifecycle?
- What’s the tenure of a CMO in a startup versus a more mature organization?
- What are some of the changes Mark’s bringing about at LeadGenius?
Jeff Rummer has been instrumental in helping Medtronic transform from a primarily sales driven culture to a balanced (and aligned) marketing and sales driven business. Jeff’s and his team’s responsibilities include the planning, execution and measurement of all integrated marketing campaigns and digital experiences along with managing and optimizing their marketing technology stack. In this episode, Jeff and I talk about what it takes to be an agent of change and several other insightful topics for you including:
- Jeff's quick rundown of his favorite DemandGen Radio podcasts and why
- What does it mean to be a marketing hero? Does Jeff feel like one given all the transformation that’s taken place at Medtronic?
- What advice would Jeff give his former self knowing what he knows now in marketing operations and change management?
- What is the reason for Medtronic’s expansion into ABM centric demand generation?
Daniel Day is Snowflake’s Sr. Marketing Manager, ABM. That’s right, someone whose sole responsibility is managing ABM marketing strategy and programs. This insightful and controversial podcast covers the following topics:
- What led to Daniel’s ABM Strategy at Snowflake
- Why Daniel feels that ABM is a better strategy than the traditional Demand Funnel framework
- How ABM fosters tighter alignment between Sales and Marketing
- The process for establishing targets for sales teams
- Why ABM can be easier for driving growth than traditional demand generation
- When is it the right time for a marketing team to have a person dedicated to ABM strategy and programs
- Snowflake's ABM Target Strategy
- Measurement approaches and KPIs for ABM
- Advice that Daniel would give to his former self if he was embarking on ABM all over again